Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Restoration stories
#1

"I like those corona virus days".My grand daughters (5 y.o.) statement enjoying mum and dad being at (working from)  home all day and no school.I could use it.I have opened my  to do projects drawers to see what can i do to spend my time.First off a couple of damaged Strombecker Ferrari 250 GTO.The primered one has a damaged headlight opening and no windshield whereas the red one windshield full of glue and light damage on the body.
   
   

I started with the grey one.I used blue staff to make a mould from the red one which i then fitted on to the grey one.
   
I will fill the gap with epoxy glue later today

I then tackled the windshield issue,i was lucky to have a 3rd allmost new one from which i used the windshield to make of gypsum and plasticine  a vac form mould 
   
Windshield ready,side windows will be cut from sheet

   
Chassis is printed in ABS
   
Rims (front,to save wight) and inserts (for rear alu rims) printed also in ABS
   
[+] 2 members Like AlexisGaitanis's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Restoration stories - by AlexisGaitanis - 13th-Apr-20, 10:38 AM
RE: Restoration stories - by AlexisGaitanis - 15th-Apr-20, 10:34 AM
RE: Restoration stories - by Top Down - 15th-Apr-20, 02:21 PM
RE: Restoration stories - by Top Down - 15th-Apr-20, 04:25 PM
RE: Restoration stories - by AlexisGaitanis - 15th-Apr-20, 05:32 PM
RE: Restoration stories - by AlexisGaitanis - 15th-Apr-20, 05:40 PM
RE: Restoration stories - by Top Down - 15th-Apr-20, 06:40 PM
RE: Restoration stories - by AlexisGaitanis - 26th-Apr-20, 07:04 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)