2nd-Apr-20, 06:51 PM
Chris
Thank you for responding...I was hoping that by naming you in my original message, you would not take any offence!
It's primarily the painting and detailing of cars that seems like another world to me. But I think I felt the same about chassis prep a few months ago, but I have managed to 'build' my way out of that situation.
And I think I might have a plan...I have a RTR Slot.it 'Sauber' C9, the black one with the circuit board livery, and have just found a Slot.it C9 white kit for sale. I'm thinking that I could paint/detail this up into a basic silver 'Mercedes' C9 body which I could then fit on the chassis as an alternative to the original. Possibly not the most challenging of projects, but I'm thinking it will involve a bit of spray painting for the body, some more detailed brushwork for the driver and cabin, and an application of what I hope are a basic set of transfers together with some top coat to finish it off.
Just by typing it, it almost feels doable...
Thank you for responding...I was hoping that by naming you in my original message, you would not take any offence!
It's primarily the painting and detailing of cars that seems like another world to me. But I think I felt the same about chassis prep a few months ago, but I have managed to 'build' my way out of that situation.
And I think I might have a plan...I have a RTR Slot.it 'Sauber' C9, the black one with the circuit board livery, and have just found a Slot.it C9 white kit for sale. I'm thinking that I could paint/detail this up into a basic silver 'Mercedes' C9 body which I could then fit on the chassis as an alternative to the original. Possibly not the most challenging of projects, but I'm thinking it will involve a bit of spray painting for the body, some more detailed brushwork for the driver and cabin, and an application of what I hope are a basic set of transfers together with some top coat to finish it off.
Just by typing it, it almost feels doable...

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)