30th-Mar-20, 10:55 AM
There was recently a heated discussion in other areas of the interweb about equal lane length on 2-lane analog layouts.
My personal opinion is that for home use, on 2 lanes if you are concerned about one lane having an advantage you have a race and then swap lanes and add up the results.
The argument for nearly identical (getting them 100% the same is kind of impossible) is that the racing is closer.
Personally I have gone to mostly digital racing at home so this is a non-issue for me and when I race at the club you race every lane so it makes no difference.
While I can understand the wish I see some people agonizing over track layouts trying to get lanes to match.
I just feel in a given space, getting a decent layout in place is more important than a "lane advantage" that can be negated by swapping...
I simply don't see this making a huge difference at home but am I just being a silly grump?
Of course, if one really is into having equal lengths far be it from me to stop you..... at the end of the day even if 51.89% like things one way there are still a heck of a lot that may like the other and that is fine...
:-)
Thoughts?
My personal opinion is that for home use, on 2 lanes if you are concerned about one lane having an advantage you have a race and then swap lanes and add up the results.
The argument for nearly identical (getting them 100% the same is kind of impossible) is that the racing is closer.
Personally I have gone to mostly digital racing at home so this is a non-issue for me and when I race at the club you race every lane so it makes no difference.
While I can understand the wish I see some people agonizing over track layouts trying to get lanes to match.
I just feel in a given space, getting a decent layout in place is more important than a "lane advantage" that can be negated by swapping...
I simply don't see this making a huge difference at home but am I just being a silly grump?
Of course, if one really is into having equal lengths far be it from me to stop you..... at the end of the day even if 51.89% like things one way there are still a heck of a lot that may like the other and that is fine...
:-)
Thoughts?

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)