17th-Mar-20, 12:37 PM
Awww Chris!! Awesome
My memory is fading - I think I was 9 - so '65 when I woke up on Christmas morning having never seen 'slot cars', to find the Scalextric GP 33 set under the tree.Had a Yellow lotus 21 and a Red Ferrari sharknose . And I think the Bentley and Alfa Romeo vintage cars were extras. My birthdays and Christmases thereafter became a procession of Scalextric gifts - wanted nothing else.
I am sure it is why I am stuck in the past for my Slot car passion today. Even the modern Cars I buy are cars from the 50's-70's period. I did at one stage collect Le Mans cars, after my visits to the 1:1 race in 2001/2/3. But in then end stopped and eventually sold them off.
I too do not have the original sets and sadly the cars, but in recent years have re-purchased the set off the dreaded 'bay.
My memory is fading - I think I was 9 - so '65 when I woke up on Christmas morning having never seen 'slot cars', to find the Scalextric GP 33 set under the tree.Had a Yellow lotus 21 and a Red Ferrari sharknose . And I think the Bentley and Alfa Romeo vintage cars were extras. My birthdays and Christmases thereafter became a procession of Scalextric gifts - wanted nothing else.
I am sure it is why I am stuck in the past for my Slot car passion today. Even the modern Cars I buy are cars from the 50's-70's period. I did at one stage collect Le Mans cars, after my visits to the 1:1 race in 2001/2/3. But in then end stopped and eventually sold them off.
I too do not have the original sets and sadly the cars, but in recent years have re-purchased the set off the dreaded 'bay.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)