14th-Mar-20, 10:03 AM
True, figures were slightly up by 1.75% last year overall, with some individual races up and some down. Just 5 circuits attracted over 100,000 spectators on race day and Bahrain could only muster 35,000. The official numbers are largely constructed with smoke and mirrors though. Mostly they go on complete weekend attendance which means that an awful lot of spectators are counted two or three times.
The thing you can't find out is how many spectators actually bought their own ticket, corporate sponsorship purchases are a very significant proportion of sales as with other series. The last time I attended the British GP was courtesy of Renault (I won a competition) and two complete grandstands at Luffield were reserved for the company's guests. I would hazard a guess that very few of those people would have been there if they had to pay for their own ticket. I certainly wouldn't.
The thing you can't find out is how many spectators actually bought their own ticket, corporate sponsorship purchases are a very significant proportion of sales as with other series. The last time I attended the British GP was courtesy of Renault (I won a competition) and two complete grandstands at Luffield were reserved for the company's guests. I would hazard a guess that very few of those people would have been there if they had to pay for their own ticket. I certainly wouldn't.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)