22nd-Feb-20, 01:23 PM
Just when the tech was threatening to get boring, Mercedes come out guns blazing.
However, I thought I saw this geometry on LeClair's car last year in one practice session.
The angle of the wheels gives it away.
If ferrari did have anything like this last year, it certainly wasn't a push pull steering wheel.
At the time, my best guess was they were doing something by using an an accelerometer and using it to trigger a servo to jack the geometry.
Of course that would be illegal because it could be considered to be "power steering"
However, the concept would avoid having to have a push-pull worked directly by the driver.
Whatever happens, you know merc are not sandbagging or glory running right now.
Alan
However, I thought I saw this geometry on LeClair's car last year in one practice session.
The angle of the wheels gives it away.
If ferrari did have anything like this last year, it certainly wasn't a push pull steering wheel.
At the time, my best guess was they were doing something by using an an accelerometer and using it to trigger a servo to jack the geometry.
Of course that would be illegal because it could be considered to be "power steering"
However, the concept would avoid having to have a push-pull worked directly by the driver.
Whatever happens, you know merc are not sandbagging or glory running right now.
Alan

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)