Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

HobbyZone workbench organiser
#9

(16th-Feb-20, 10:18 PM)Gareth Wrote:  Slotloco that bench is incredible. All those power supplies. I love it.

I actually have just one 10 amp variable voltage supply, sitting on the right hand end of the black box.
That box is mostly hollow, but the output of the power supply runs to each of the volt/amp display panels which have an off/on switch and a variable voltage dial.
So I feed the black box with 12 volts from it; then switch each of the outputs off/on as needed, and adjust their output voltage. All the lathes etc, and a spare output feed for motors, can be fed the right voltage.
Everything is set up with banana plugs.
The amp usage part of each display tells me how much load is increasing on the drive motor of the lathes, so I know how much load I am putting on tyres as I true them.
Sometimes  I run a Saturday tuning session for guys from our club/racing group, and we will have all the lathes going at once.
I was fortunate when we designed this house a couple of years back, my wife let me make the double garage a little wider than usual, and 9 metres long, so my track sits across the back, and we can still park both cars in the garage without restricting my use o work benches or use of the track for testing.
When club is at my place, we just roll the cars onto the driveway and throw up some resin tables for the guys slot cases and for the shared supper.
[+] 2 members Like slotloco's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
HobbyZone workbench organiser - by CMOTD - 15th-Feb-20, 04:22 PM
RE: Workbench organiser - by Gordon Steadman - 15th-Feb-20, 05:34 PM
RE: Workbench organiser - by woodcote - 15th-Feb-20, 05:52 PM
RE: Workbench organiser - by Scuderia_Turini - 15th-Feb-20, 06:21 PM
RE: Workbench organiser - by Fluff - 16th-Feb-20, 01:13 AM
RE: Workbench organiser - by Gareth - 16th-Feb-20, 11:13 AM
RE: Workbench organiser - by slotloco - 16th-Feb-20, 06:32 PM
RE: Workbench organiser - by Gareth - 16th-Feb-20, 10:18 PM
RE: Workbench organiser - by slotloco - 16th-Feb-20, 10:29 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)