Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Recovering Alloy Wheels with Damaged Threads
#7

(5th-Feb-20, 11:25 AM)Nonfractal Wrote:  
(4th-Feb-20, 04:15 PM)Gordon Steadman Wrote:  Good post.

 ..but they all seem to suffer apart from Thunderslot who use sensible size grub screws. I don't have any NSRs.
Gordon, 
The designer behind ThunderSlot is the same as the earlier NSRs,
If you see "NSR by GM" on an NSR chassis it will have been designed by Giovanni Montiglio.


Thunderslot will have a presence the UKSlot Fest 
I'll ask Giovanni about set screw sizes. 
Why bigger? That's obvious 
Why Imperial UNC4-40 , that's a mystery.
But isn't that the same thread as the classic gears from yesteryear? I like it as most of my cars are retro and I only have to use one size of grub screw.

Very sensible choice in my opinion Bigsmile
Quote


Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by munter
2nd-Feb-24, 07:44 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)