31st-Jan-20, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the report 'loco. I have one of this range and am looking forward to teaching myself the finer points of tuning with it!
In that regard, I don't often read tuning reviews where exact ballast weightings are quotes, so I was interested in your reference to it possibly needing 8g of front end lead. Also your reference to the 40/60 balance.
So...in theory...is it the case that I add the 8g weight at the front, get the scales out to check the front/rear balance, and then add some weight at the back to get 40/60? With that being my baseline for starting on-track testing. Or should I be on-track (scalextric sport) testing right from the start before adding lead?
Apologies for all the questions, but I am using your two 991 reviews as reference points, along with other thread based tuning tips, as they are the model I have so feel more relevant.
Many thanks.
In that regard, I don't often read tuning reviews where exact ballast weightings are quotes, so I was interested in your reference to it possibly needing 8g of front end lead. Also your reference to the 40/60 balance.
So...in theory...is it the case that I add the 8g weight at the front, get the scales out to check the front/rear balance, and then add some weight at the back to get 40/60? With that being my baseline for starting on-track testing. Or should I be on-track (scalextric sport) testing right from the start before adding lead?
Apologies for all the questions, but I am using your two 991 reviews as reference points, along with other thread based tuning tips, as they are the model I have so feel more relevant.
Many thanks.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)