Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Question Making a folding table... Ideas?
#1

Please move to another area if this is the wrong place for this....
 
Good morning fellow humans,
We got rid of our dining room table.
I think it is 80 CM by 200 CM (i.e. two section 1 meter long each) with a leaf about 50 CM.
The old frame was heavy steal which we got rid of.


I was able to save (read: hide) the tops from the skip/junk yard and now that I have convinced my daughter to get rid of her drum set I want use this for a semi-permanent layout.

I want to be able to fold the table up in case I do have to tear it down for some reason.

I have a simple and some not so simple questions.
Simple question: What is the ideal height for a slot car table?
I think the original is was about 80 cm high but I am thinking something higher would be more comfortable.  I was thinking 1 meter but I was wondering if someone has experience and help?

The big question is how to make the legs fold (without it costing a ton of money).

It of course has to be stable as people me lean on or against it.

Ideally I would be able to add the leaf to make a decent sized table.

My main goal is to just have a track to mostly do tests and have fun runs.

Folding table legs exist but are not too high and relatively expensive.

I am also fairly clueless on how to get the sections to hold together and be stable.
I was thinking of a flat U shaped bracket that you slide a piece of wood through to keep in place, or a rotating piece of wood.

I am pretty sure though that none of my ideas will work because they almost never do... Wrench 

I am on the continent of Europe in the heart of the EU so brand names may or may not be of help...
Thanks!
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Making a folding table... Ideas? - by dvd3500 - 23rd-Jan-20, 10:37 AM
RE: Making a folding table... Ideas? - by JasonB - 23rd-Jan-20, 11:24 AM
RE: Making a folding table... Ideas? - by dvd3500 - 23rd-Jan-20, 12:49 PM
RE: Making a folding table... Ideas? - by Scuderia_Turini - 23rd-Jan-20, 12:50 PM
RE: Making a folding table... Ideas? - by dvd3500 - 23rd-Jan-20, 01:11 PM
RE: Making a folding table... Ideas? - by Scuderia_Turini - 23rd-Jan-20, 02:35 PM
RE: Making a folding table... Ideas? - by dvd3500 - 23rd-Jan-20, 02:36 PM
RE: Making a folding table... Ideas? - by JasonB - 24th-Jan-20, 12:16 AM
RE: Making a folding table... Ideas? - by Scuderia_Turini - 24th-Jan-20, 12:50 AM
RE: Making a folding table... Ideas? - by JasonB - 24th-Jan-20, 09:04 AM
RE: Making a folding table... Ideas? - by dvd3500 - 24th-Jan-20, 10:39 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)