15th-Jan-20, 11:18 AM
Mildly reviving this after the Holiday break.
One thing I have noticed is that there seems to be what i am calling an "intermediary gap".
I see a ton of questions in various forums with people needing fairly basic help. Things like adjusting braids, replacing parts, mild tuning:
There are lots of videos and posts about this introductory things.
What I also see are lots of exchanges between experts. Abbreviations abound and it all becomes specialized jargon quickly.
What I think is missing something to bridge the gap.
For example it is yearly hard to know exactly what is required. For example, I know there are lots of aftermarket chassis available that require "a slot-it motor pod". The thing is, there are dozens of slot-it pods out there... which one?!
Also I personally feel you have to have lap counting and lap timing. I almost never see this mentioned.
To that point, while there is a lot of ino about tuning the cars I don't see a lot of before and after videos or comparisons.
If it weren't for woodcote's input here, I don't think I have ever seen documentation on how to run an event...
What do you all think?
Or am I exceedingly thick? (entirely possible....)
One thing I have noticed is that there seems to be what i am calling an "intermediary gap".
I see a ton of questions in various forums with people needing fairly basic help. Things like adjusting braids, replacing parts, mild tuning:
There are lots of videos and posts about this introductory things.
What I also see are lots of exchanges between experts. Abbreviations abound and it all becomes specialized jargon quickly.
What I think is missing something to bridge the gap.
For example it is yearly hard to know exactly what is required. For example, I know there are lots of aftermarket chassis available that require "a slot-it motor pod". The thing is, there are dozens of slot-it pods out there... which one?!
Also I personally feel you have to have lap counting and lap timing. I almost never see this mentioned.
To that point, while there is a lot of ino about tuning the cars I don't see a lot of before and after videos or comparisons.
If it weren't for woodcote's input here, I don't think I have ever seen documentation on how to run an event...
What do you all think?
Or am I exceedingly thick? (entirely possible....)

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)