Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Transportation
#4

I haven't got a proper car transporter as such. It didn't seem quite right for a 60s & 70s rally stage layout.

So the closest I've got is this Transit van & trailer combo.

   

The MkI bullnose Transit was a resin kit from Pendles. It's a driver, but it's really heavy so it takes a good half an hour's warning to accelerate and brake, and the tyres are really narrow, though it actually has decent grip, probably because of all that weight. It's actually one of my favourites to drive, because it takes a bit of skill to even get it round the track, never mind get anything approaching a competitive lap time.

               

It's also the only vehicle which I won't I won't let anybody else drive, as it was my first resin kit build. So although there is nothing fancy, or particularly skillful in the build, I'd still really hate to see it getting smashed up.

One day, I should probably fit a towbar and make it really challenging by towing the heavy die cast trailer round the track. Rofl

Here's Dave the driver. It's a well known fact that all Transit van divers are called Dave.

   

Also, just noticed, I forgot to paint the windscreen wipers. Bugger. Tappingfoot
[+] 3 members Like JasonB's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Transportation - by Scuderia_Turini - 9th-Jan-20, 05:17 PM
RE: Transportation - by CMOTD - 9th-Jan-20, 06:32 PM
RE: Transportation - by Scuderia_Turini - 13th-Jan-20, 11:15 PM
RE: Transportation - by JasonB - 14th-Jan-20, 01:10 AM
RE: Transportation - by Top Down - 14th-Jan-20, 06:32 AM
RE: Transportation - by Scuderia_Turini - 14th-Jan-20, 12:06 PM
RE: Transportation - by JasonB - 14th-Jan-20, 01:09 PM
RE: Transportation - by Scuderia_Turini - 17th-Jan-20, 07:52 PM
RE: Transportation - by Yakboy - 19th-Jan-21, 10:31 AM
RE: Transportation - by Scuderia_Turini - 19th-Jan-21, 11:15 AM
RE: Transportation - by Yakboy - 19th-Jan-21, 11:28 AM
RE: Transportation - by Mazda - 3rd-Feb-21, 03:03 PM
RE: Transportation - by JasonB - 3rd-Feb-21, 03:30 PM
RE: Transportation - by Scuderia_Turini - 3rd-Feb-21, 03:39 PM
RE: Transportation - by Anthony B - 3rd-Feb-21, 09:56 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)