Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Swindon Scalextric Swapmeet January 2020
#2

It was my first visit to the Swindon swapmeet and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I'd say it was comfortably the biggest swapmeet I've been to in the UK - an impressive range of stuff to buy, see and try.

         

Unusually, there were loads of track to race on. Local club Four Lane Blacktop laid on a four-lane HO layout, a couple of four-lane analogue tracks and a drag strip. There was also a Scalextric digital scenic layout brought along by Slot Track Scenics and a routed rally track from Oxford Slot Car Club.

         

The wide variety of scales, manufacturers and products available for sale was refreshing. I really enjoyed seeing the MRE / Scalextric special edition Monte Carlo cop car close up. Gary was rightly very proud...

         

Despite a near six-hour round journey, I reckon we'll be planning another WHO Racing away day to Swindon in 2021.
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Swindon Scalextric Swapmeet January 2020 - by woodcote - 25th-Nov-19, 08:18 AM
RE: Swindon Scalextric Swapmeet January 2020 - by woodcote - 5th-Jan-20, 07:58 PM
RE: Swindon Scalextric Swapmeet January 2020 - by Steve A - 5th-Jan-20, 09:45 PM
RE: Swindon Scalextric Swapmeet January 2020 - by GregK - 6th-Jan-20, 04:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by mpjbud
2nd-Apr-26, 10:25 AM
Last Post by mpjbud
4th-Oct-25, 02:35 PM
Last Post by mpjbud
13th-Feb-25, 10:13 AM
Last Post by Gpa113
5th-Jan-25, 07:59 PM
Last Post by mpjbud
18th-Apr-24, 10:21 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)