Hello all!
On and off slot car owner for around 45 years. After making friends with another enthusiast recently, and with the kids now fleeing the nest, the passion has reignited. Though originally this year it started as a train set (wife wanted to build it up). When she realised how fiddly it was and how little patience she had, the board (2400mm X 1200mm) became platform for me to build a slot car track.
Originally it was just a Scalextric Urban Outrun set up which quickly had multiple expansion packs added and an Arc Air with Magic Arc App running on a cheap tablet, all jammed onto the original board and hardly resembles the original track contents at all.
Cars went from 2 to 11 in the stable varying from the original 2 Urban cars, some rally cars (one of which is the WRC version of my own car), LeMans, GT and classic Australian V8 race cars. Scalextric and Carrera for now, but looking at other options to build some custom cars.
Having seen a few videos and reading a few threads here I have decided to build a wooden track based on the Snetterton track layout. However, I have decided after seeing some of the smaller single car rally tracks, to cut my teeth on track building on a "simple" project first (famous last words), the rally track will be based on a 2400mm X 1200mm board hopefully with quite few ideas I have seen. Once I am happy with this track and my capabilities I will tackle Snetterton.
On and off slot car owner for around 45 years. After making friends with another enthusiast recently, and with the kids now fleeing the nest, the passion has reignited. Though originally this year it started as a train set (wife wanted to build it up). When she realised how fiddly it was and how little patience she had, the board (2400mm X 1200mm) became platform for me to build a slot car track.
Originally it was just a Scalextric Urban Outrun set up which quickly had multiple expansion packs added and an Arc Air with Magic Arc App running on a cheap tablet, all jammed onto the original board and hardly resembles the original track contents at all.
Cars went from 2 to 11 in the stable varying from the original 2 Urban cars, some rally cars (one of which is the WRC version of my own car), LeMans, GT and classic Australian V8 race cars. Scalextric and Carrera for now, but looking at other options to build some custom cars.
Having seen a few videos and reading a few threads here I have decided to build a wooden track based on the Snetterton track layout. However, I have decided after seeing some of the smaller single car rally tracks, to cut my teeth on track building on a "simple" project first (famous last words), the rally track will be based on a 2400mm X 1200mm board hopefully with quite few ideas I have seen. Once I am happy with this track and my capabilities I will tackle Snetterton.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)