Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Keeping braid stuck down
#7

Hi Dazee - I had forgotten that number, but now you write it, yes, I have know 9469 - I got sample rolls in, not  so good for sticking down.
Nor were 9471 or 9473
I still have part rolls of them all around somewhere, but couldn't put my hands on them all this morning in a hurry, to get the numbers which are all hand written on the sides from my past experiments.


Anyway, try some kind of contact adhesive, it may save a lot of work, and some wasted braid.
But if you do need to re-braid the corners, it is easy enough to just drill a 6mm hole, and pass two ends down it where you need to join, pull them hard to make sure they don't make a bump, then fold them together under the track and whack a big staple through them, or even a short SHORT screw.  Did I say SHORT -  you don't want the end of it appearing on the track
The 9472 is pretty good. We have at least 6 tracks in our club done that way, and I have only ever seen a couple of corners lift.
None of my braiding has ever lifted on my tracks or two others I helped guys braid. WE have had to lift a bit a couple of times, and have pulled up the MDF with it......
- Oh one more reason for lifting that I forgot.

I saw a club I supplied, lay a 6 lane 130 foot track with braid and tape, and the braid all came loose within days.
They blamed me and the braid, then I read the posts of their first club night, and they had to clean the track every few laps because of the dust being kicked up from the MDF routing, off the floor which had never been swept since they routed................
The whole room was like a dust storm. So after they had stuck down the track tape and removed the backing (all at once), they had dust flying all through the room, and it was all over the top surface of the tape when they pressed down the braid . . . . . . . .
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Keeping braid stuck down - by dazee - 14th-Dec-19, 12:48 PM
RE: Keeping braid stuck down - by JasonB - 14th-Dec-19, 07:37 PM
RE: Keeping braid stuck down - by chrisguyw - 14th-Dec-19, 09:03 PM
RE: Keeping braid stuck down - by dazee - 15th-Dec-19, 12:28 AM
RE: Keeping braid stuck down - by slotloco - 16th-Dec-19, 06:54 PM
RE: Keeping braid stuck down - by dazee - 17th-Dec-19, 12:25 AM
RE: Keeping braid stuck down - by slotloco - 17th-Dec-19, 12:45 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)