Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Keeping braid stuck down
#6

Thank you, this is very useful and at this stage I will just try to repair in the corners with a contact adhesive first.  I did lay the braid fairly loosely, trying not to tighten it.  But with the lifting being just on the corners, I was suspecting some tightness.  I have not dared to run cars with magnets on this yet - is nagnabraid.  I think it would just lift some more, so trying to fix first.  If I have to rebraid or even remake the track then so be it.  If just a single sheet of MDF and some time/effort wasted.

A major difference may be that 3M tape used.  The one I have used is F9469PC which I had taken from another posting on laying braid.  I will order the one you mentioned and give that a try on some test sheets too.  One other poibnt O have seen, someone using a hot air gun on the tape before applying the braid to it.  Recommended or not?

My DIY projects and failures at  https://dazee-projects.blogspot.com/ 
Various projects and videos at https://www.youtube.com/@DaleChan-nel
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Keeping braid stuck down - by dazee - 14th-Dec-19, 12:48 PM
RE: Keeping braid stuck down - by JasonB - 14th-Dec-19, 07:37 PM
RE: Keeping braid stuck down - by chrisguyw - 14th-Dec-19, 09:03 PM
RE: Keeping braid stuck down - by dazee - 15th-Dec-19, 12:28 AM
RE: Keeping braid stuck down - by slotloco - 16th-Dec-19, 06:54 PM
RE: Keeping braid stuck down - by dazee - 17th-Dec-19, 12:25 AM
RE: Keeping braid stuck down - by slotloco - 17th-Dec-19, 12:45 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)