14th-Dec-19, 08:34 PM
Your post rang bells with me as I'm one of the old 'make do and mend' generation.
Ronnie and I were talking about it today after yet another person had been to see the house but was concerned that there were still one or two things that needed finishing off, "the girlfriend won't like it unless everything is finished and we can just move in". Yikes, they might have to get off their bums - how awful.
I think it's true that, in general, people today have little or no interest in how things work or in learning how to fix them. The future definitely seems to me to be 'the march of the proles' with just a few techy people keeping it all going whilst the majority just sit and consume.
The old expression "sometimes he sits and thinks and sometimes he just sits" comes to mind. Increasing true sadly but maybe I'm just another old codger bemoaning the change in the generations. Not like it was in my day etc.etc.
I'm go more for the performance side but still quite enjoy the scenery as well.
Ronnie and I were talking about it today after yet another person had been to see the house but was concerned that there were still one or two things that needed finishing off, "the girlfriend won't like it unless everything is finished and we can just move in". Yikes, they might have to get off their bums - how awful.
I think it's true that, in general, people today have little or no interest in how things work or in learning how to fix them. The future definitely seems to me to be 'the march of the proles' with just a few techy people keeping it all going whilst the majority just sit and consume.
The old expression "sometimes he sits and thinks and sometimes he just sits" comes to mind. Increasing true sadly but maybe I'm just another old codger bemoaning the change in the generations. Not like it was in my day etc.etc.
I'm go more for the performance side but still quite enjoy the scenery as well.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)