Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Lexan bodies....I still love em !!
#12

(1st-Dec-19, 05:01 AM)steveaca Wrote:  Hi Chris,
      what sort of rpm is this motor rated at ? What would be the pros/cons of this vs an 'S'-can motor  of similar rpm rating on Scalextric Sport digital ?
                                                                                                                                                                                                             Steve

Hi Steve, This particular model from ProSlot is the PS-4000 Euro Mk1, and it is designed to snap into any chassis that takes a typical "S" can, so fitting it is a "snap".

It is the lowest rated RPM (26K @ 12 volts), and torque (155 gms.) of the ProSlot range, but, because of its higher strength magnets and its much stronger brush springs, it does draw more amperage than other similarly performance rated "S" cans, to the point where it may prove problematic with digital tracks.

I use them a lot (non digital tracks) as they ,...1/ are rebuildable, and tunable ,...2/...use far better components than typical "S" cans,.... 3/ have much better torque/brakes....and,..3/ the motor leads attach on the end of the endbell, instead of on top of the plastic brush holder piece on the top of most "S" can motors. (This slight reduction in motor height allows me to mount bodies a touch lower without interfering with the cars interior tray, which is particularly critical on F1 cars, or, lexan bodied cars.

So,...while they are great motors, for your purposes, I would stick with what you are currently using.

Cheers
Chris Walker
[+] 2 members Like chrisguyw's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Lexan bodies....I still love em !! - by chrisguyw - 29th-Nov-19, 11:02 PM
RE: Lexan bodies....I still love em !! - by steveaca - 30th-Nov-19, 05:45 AM
RE: Lexan bodies....I still love em !! - by chrisguyw - 30th-Nov-19, 02:27 PM
RE: Lexan bodies....I still love em !! - by JasonB - 30th-Nov-19, 12:25 PM
RE: Lexan bodies....I still love em !! - by steveaca - 1st-Dec-19, 05:01 AM
RE: Lexan bodies....I still love em !! - by chrisguyw - 1st-Dec-19, 07:08 PM
RE: Lexan bodies....I still love em !! - by Tamar - 17th-Apr-20, 02:43 PM
RE: Lexan bodies....I still love em !! - by woodcote - 1st-Dec-19, 09:34 AM
RE: Lexan bodies....I still love em !! - by Gordon Steadman - 1st-Dec-19, 10:27 AM
RE: Lexan bodies....I still love em !! - by Fluff - 1st-Dec-19, 12:46 PM
RE: Lexan bodies....I still love em !! - by Gordon Steadman - 1st-Dec-19, 01:57 PM
RE: Lexan bodies....I still love em !! - by Fluff - 1st-Dec-19, 02:34 PM
RE: Lexan bodies....I still love em !! - by Gordon Steadman - 1st-Dec-19, 02:58 PM
RE: Lexan bodies....I still love em !! - by Anthony B - 2nd-Dec-19, 07:33 PM
RE: Lexan bodies....I still love em !! - by steveaca - 3rd-Dec-19, 05:55 AM
RE: Lexan bodies....I still love em !! - by Tamar - 17th-Apr-20, 02:51 PM
RE: Lexan bodies....I still love em !! - by dvd3500 - 18th-Apr-20, 09:52 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by KensRedZed
28th-Aug-25, 03:54 PM
Last Post by MrFlippant
13th-Aug-24, 09:24 PM
Last Post by ClubSpecial
22nd-Apr-19, 08:37 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)