11th-Sep-26, 11:54 AM
Busy times at work has kept me away from the club for a while, hoping to get back for a race day soon.
Meanwhile after seeing a post of someone making replacement body panels on their cars for a diorama from foil so they could show damage, I thought it would be good if you could show similar damage on a slot car. Originally I had thought about similarly using foil panels, but along the way I also thought the same forms used to make the foil panels can also be used in the vacu-former.
This will not show damage, but does make the body lighter and can maybe permit some more changes.
Not sure where exactly I am going to end up with this yet. But next I am going to make up some negatives for the forms so that I can press shapes from different materials.
Meanwhile after seeing a post of someone making replacement body panels on their cars for a diorama from foil so they could show damage, I thought it would be good if you could show similar damage on a slot car. Originally I had thought about similarly using foil panels, but along the way I also thought the same forms used to make the foil panels can also be used in the vacu-former.
This will not show damage, but does make the body lighter and can maybe permit some more changes.
Not sure where exactly I am going to end up with this yet. But next I am going to make up some negatives for the forms so that I can press shapes from different materials.
My DIY projects and failures at https://dazee-projects.blogspot.com/
Various projects and videos at https://www.youtube.com/@DaleChan-nel

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)