19th-Apr-26, 07:57 PM
(19th-Apr-26, 06:30 PM)Kevan Wrote: Which is the easiest way? remove the windows, interior and all the running gear, screw the top and bottom together, glue along the joins inside where you can reach, using a dremel with a cutoff disc carefully cut along the bottom where you want the 'new chassis' to be, remove the screws, take away the 'new chassis', reinforce the glued joins inside, clean up the cut edges.
I would generally agree,...however. this SCX Chaparral had the rear lights/mesh/exhaust panel fitted into slots in both the upper and lower rear body pieces, so I had to perform some serious grinding/cutting on the rear end bits in order to replace the panel once the 2 rear body panels were cemented together,.....as mentioned previously, way more work/aggro. than I had anticipated, and no where as easy as the Monograms/Revells/Nincos/Scaleys I have done.
Cheers
Chris Walker
PS In post #833 you can see the "slots" (at the rear of the chassis part) that hold the rear light/exhaust/screen panel,....the factory would slide this panel into the slots on the chassis, slide the slots in the top body section over this panel, and screw the whole mess together,...... without some very serious grinding there is no way the panel could be inserted from the inside, once the top/bottom body section were glued.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)