2nd-Nov-19, 09:36 PM
Scalextric - McLaren F1 GTR: modified C8515 Rev H
Following a very good BF deal, I bought one to see what all the excitement was about .....
It may be a modern car but I used an old school C7006 because it has fully switchable
lights via Incar-Pro v3.3 ..... All of the old wiring was stripped off and replaced with
silicon ones. The ones for lighting are one the right side of the chip. The red ones in
the centre are for the motor and the black ones are the pickups.
The chip has been turned around because it lay more easily in the chassis. The function
of the wires can now be seen.
That was nice and easy but I am far from impressed with the lights ......
Lights OFF
Lights ON
Here is the reason why ....... the left arrow is pointing at the edge of the lighting
board and the top arrow is centred on the lens.
Measuring the discrepancy shows that the LEDs are 32mm apart whilst the lenses
are 37mm apart. It is not that there isn't enough room for the width of the board
to align correctly, so I wonder if it is another economy saving?
The rear lights, though, are like two fag-ends in a foggy night ...
Following a very good BF deal, I bought one to see what all the excitement was about .....
It may be a modern car but I used an old school C7006 because it has fully switchable
lights via Incar-Pro v3.3 ..... All of the old wiring was stripped off and replaced with
silicon ones. The ones for lighting are one the right side of the chip. The red ones in
the centre are for the motor and the black ones are the pickups.
The chip has been turned around because it lay more easily in the chassis. The function
of the wires can now be seen.
That was nice and easy but I am far from impressed with the lights ......
Lights OFF
Lights ON
Here is the reason why ....... the left arrow is pointing at the edge of the lighting
board and the top arrow is centred on the lens.
Measuring the discrepancy shows that the LEDs are 32mm apart whilst the lenses
are 37mm apart. It is not that there isn't enough room for the width of the board
to align correctly, so I wonder if it is another economy saving?
The rear lights, though, are like two fag-ends in a foggy night ...

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)