Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Anyone here into DIY hobbies besides slot cars?
#11

Yessir! I used to race bicycles thirty years ago and still ride. I'm not the mountain goat I used to be but at 68 I can still outrun ebikes! I have a full tool chest of Campagnolo tools so can do the most mundane repair like clamping a cable to more difficult tasks like threading bottom brackets, removing stock from head tubes and building wheels. I have restored a few rare vintage bicycles. Freschi, Girardengo, Monterosa, Alan, Colnago, Gios Torino, Fiorelli, Vitus, Mercian, Faggin and Torelli marques are in the stable. I draw my own plans by hand and make my own parts by hand for scale RC models. Vintage scale sailplanes, WWI and Golden Age racers are my favorites. I have some builds on the RCGroups dot com forums. I have two air cooled VWs and an MGA. I'd like to get a Series 1 XKE coupe, Lotus Elite or Alfa Romeo Sprint Especiale. The XKE is what I lust after! Opalescent blue with dark blue leather... sigh... what beaity! I still work full time.
[+] 7 members Like ARUP's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Anyone here into DIY hobbies besides slot cars? - by emdadul97 - 13th-Nov-25, 02:27 PM
RE: Anyone here into DIY hobbies besides slot cars? - by JasonB - 13th-Nov-25, 04:42 PM
RE: Anyone here into DIY hobbies besides slot cars? - by Gordon Steadman - 13th-Nov-25, 05:04 PM
RE: Anyone here into DIY hobbies besides slot cars? - by dazee - 14th-Nov-25, 01:47 AM
RE: Anyone here into DIY hobbies besides slot cars? - by dvd3500 - 14th-Nov-25, 10:06 AM
RE: Anyone here into DIY hobbies besides slot cars? - by Scuderia_Turini - 14th-Nov-25, 10:14 AM
RE: Anyone here into DIY hobbies besides slot cars? - by Kevan - 14th-Nov-25, 10:29 AM
RE: Anyone here into DIY hobbies besides slot cars? - by roguejackal - 14th-Nov-25, 10:49 AM
RE: Anyone here into DIY hobbies besides slot cars? - by ePilot - 14th-Nov-25, 12:34 PM
RE: Anyone here into DIY hobbies besides slot cars? - by DPJ - 4th-Dec-25, 05:05 AM
RE: Anyone here into DIY hobbies besides slot cars? - by ePilot - 19th-Apr-26, 05:08 PM
RE: Anyone here into DIY hobbies besides slot cars? - by JMay - 14th-Nov-25, 04:42 PM
RE: Anyone here into DIY hobbies besides slot cars? - by ARUP - 3rd-Dec-25, 05:17 AM
RE: Anyone here into DIY hobbies besides slot cars? - by KensRedZed - 4th-Dec-25, 01:34 AM
RE: Anyone here into DIY hobbies besides slot cars? - by ARUP - 4th-Dec-25, 02:33 AM
RE: Anyone here into DIY hobbies besides slot cars? - by KensRedZed - 4th-Dec-25, 09:11 PM
RE: Anyone here into DIY hobbies besides slot cars? - by ARUP - 5th-Dec-25, 02:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by ARUP
5th-Dec-25, 02:04 AM
Last Post by Kevan
30th-Sep-25, 08:09 AM
Last Post by CMOTD
20th-Jul-20, 10:53 AM
Last Post by Scuderia_Turini
8th-Jun-19, 11:06 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)