31st-Oct-19, 09:53 PM
Scalextric Tyrell F1: modified C8516
Relax ....... no more Jags for a short while ......![[Image: wink.png]](https://www.slotforum.com/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/wink.png)
This car has taken a very long time to do because these flattened cars have very
limited space internally. Not only that the fixtures and fittings around the back axle
are quite complex and very well stuck down with mega-supa-dupa-glue .. thanks![[Image: thumbsup.gif]](https://www.slotforum.com/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)
Originally, I was going to fit the chip alongside the left of the cockpit, hence the removed
supporting post but the circuit board was just too tall. Eventually I found that if I removed
the corner of the motor support, the chip would fit in.
The LED had to fitted with the legs bent away to the side to keep the chip as flt as
possible. The wire used was 28awg for the power and 30awg for the LED.
Everything fits and most bits are re-attached. The motor was initially replaced with a
10k one but that seemed too sluggish, so I upped it to a 13k one; I suspect that the
huge rear wheels may be the cause.
There is no doubt that when Scalextric want to produce a stunning model they do so with
consummate ease ..........![[Image: dribble.gif]](https://www.slotforum.com/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/dribble.gif)
This was the toughest car to digitise that I have done so far. If I had to do it again .......
it would still take as long and be just as fiddly, but, I do feel a big sense of achievement
in having done it.
Relax ....... no more Jags for a short while ......
This car has taken a very long time to do because these flattened cars have very
limited space internally. Not only that the fixtures and fittings around the back axle
are quite complex and very well stuck down with mega-supa-dupa-glue .. thanks
Originally, I was going to fit the chip alongside the left of the cockpit, hence the removed
supporting post but the circuit board was just too tall. Eventually I found that if I removed
the corner of the motor support, the chip would fit in.
The LED had to fitted with the legs bent away to the side to keep the chip as flt as
possible. The wire used was 28awg for the power and 30awg for the LED.
Everything fits and most bits are re-attached. The motor was initially replaced with a
10k one but that seemed too sluggish, so I upped it to a 13k one; I suspect that the
huge rear wheels may be the cause.
There is no doubt that when Scalextric want to produce a stunning model they do so with
consummate ease ..........
This was the toughest car to digitise that I have done so far. If I had to do it again .......
it would still take as long and be just as fiddly, but, I do feel a big sense of achievement
in having done it.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)