31st-Oct-19, 09:52 PM
AUTOart Jaguar - C-Type: modified C8515
When I was asked to chip this car, my first reaction was to turn it over to check on the motor configuration. I was not excited to find that it was an in-line and front mounted. This was going to be tricky ......... :![[Image: unsure.png]](https://www.slotforum.com/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/unsure.png)
What is there not to like about a well detailed Jaguar, not just any Jaguar but a C-Type ... ?
With the release of the latest C8515 chip by Scalextric, I felt that if I removed the DPR
socket I could fit the chip underneath the driveshaft. This would be even easier now
because the large capacitor has been replaced with minuscule equivalents. All I needed
to do was drill a suitable hole for the infra-red LED ...![[Image: smile.png]](https://www.slotforum.com/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png)
The LED was placed as far forwards as possible, about 33mm from the back of the guide ...
The chip was dry fitted and it seemed to fit perfectly into the chassis as though it had
been designed for the car. I was not 100% happy with the closeness of the driveshaft
to the wires, so a rethink was required .......![[Image: ohmy.png]](https://www.slotforum.com/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.png)
The solution was to fit new lengthened wires and feed them out from under the chip.
Black wires for the pickups and red for the motor. The other wires to the right are for
the lights ...
The driveshaft was coupled to the motor by a somewhat bent and gnarled spring. To
straighten things up and provide a bit more insulation, I replaced it with some biro ink
tube. It now runs as smooth as a nut ...
That's all for now folks ....... later on, I will post an addendum to show how the lights were fitted.
When I was asked to chip this car, my first reaction was to turn it over to check on the motor configuration. I was not excited to find that it was an in-line and front mounted. This was going to be tricky ......... :
What is there not to like about a well detailed Jaguar, not just any Jaguar but a C-Type ... ?
With the release of the latest C8515 chip by Scalextric, I felt that if I removed the DPR
socket I could fit the chip underneath the driveshaft. This would be even easier now
because the large capacitor has been replaced with minuscule equivalents. All I needed
to do was drill a suitable hole for the infra-red LED ...
The LED was placed as far forwards as possible, about 33mm from the back of the guide ...
The chip was dry fitted and it seemed to fit perfectly into the chassis as though it had
been designed for the car. I was not 100% happy with the closeness of the driveshaft
to the wires, so a rethink was required .......
The solution was to fit new lengthened wires and feed them out from under the chip.
Black wires for the pickups and red for the motor. The other wires to the right are for
the lights ...
The driveshaft was coupled to the motor by a somewhat bent and gnarled spring. To
straighten things up and provide a bit more insulation, I replaced it with some biro ink
tube. It now runs as smooth as a nut ...
That's all for now folks ....... later on, I will post an addendum to show how the lights were fitted.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)