Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Painting Scalextric track borders
#8

I guess I've just struck lucky with the paint I had to hand. I've twisted, bent and flexed the long straight lead in piece with no issues whatsoever and unless you turn the part over and see the original sand colour, in use they are indistinguishable from the factory black parts I already had.

Quite a few used borders are on their way from eBay heading for a make-over, as I much prefer the clean look the black/red/white borders give alongside the black track.

Another benefit is the sand coloured borders are plentiful and very cheap. (I'm getting eight from one seller for £8 posted!) Factory black borders are hard to find, go for a premium and are almost invariably for the outside of R2's.
[+] 2 members Like Top Down's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Painting Scalextric track borders - by Top Down - 6th-Nov-25, 09:32 PM
RE: Painting Scalextric track borders - by Top Down - 7th-Nov-25, 10:24 AM
RE: Painting Scalextric track borders - by Gpa113 - 7th-Nov-25, 11:58 AM
RE: Painting Scalextric track borders - by rallyhub - 7th-Nov-25, 12:49 PM
RE: Painting Scalextric track borders - by Gpa113 - 7th-Nov-25, 04:04 PM
RE: Painting Scalextric track borders - by Top Down - 7th-Nov-25, 07:01 PM
RE: Painting Scalextric track borders - by MrFlippant - 8th-Nov-25, 10:26 PM
RE: Painting Scalextric track borders - by Top Down - 9th-Nov-25, 06:33 AM
RE: Painting Scalextric track borders - by M.Soames - 9th-Nov-25, 02:56 PM
RE: Painting Scalextric track borders - by MrFlippant - 9th-Nov-25, 04:53 PM
RE: Painting Scalextric track borders - by roguejackal - 9th-Nov-25, 05:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)