Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Painting Scalextric track borders
#6

I'm afraid I didn't do any prep' at all. Just sprayed one end of a 'lead-in' border to see if it would work. Left it overnight, compared it to a factory black moulded item and I couldn't tell the difference, so sprayed the rest of it. Time will tell on durability but the paint does seem well bonded to the plastic.

However, on the strength of that one test piece I have gone ahead and bought the sand coloured borders I need off eBay. I see some spray painting in my future!
[+] 3 members Like Top Down's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Painting Scalextric track borders - by Top Down - 6th-Nov-25, 09:32 PM
RE: Painting Scalextric track borders - by Top Down - 7th-Nov-25, 10:24 AM
RE: Painting Scalextric track borders - by Gpa113 - 7th-Nov-25, 11:58 AM
RE: Painting Scalextric track borders - by rallyhub - 7th-Nov-25, 12:49 PM
RE: Painting Scalextric track borders - by Gpa113 - 7th-Nov-25, 04:04 PM
RE: Painting Scalextric track borders - by Top Down - 7th-Nov-25, 07:01 PM
RE: Painting Scalextric track borders - by MrFlippant - 8th-Nov-25, 10:26 PM
RE: Painting Scalextric track borders - by Top Down - 9th-Nov-25, 06:33 AM
RE: Painting Scalextric track borders - by M.Soames - 9th-Nov-25, 02:56 PM
RE: Painting Scalextric track borders - by MrFlippant - 9th-Nov-25, 04:53 PM
RE: Painting Scalextric track borders - by roguejackal - 9th-Nov-25, 05:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)