19th-Jul-25, 05:32 PM
Part 2: Motor installation.
The spur is a 38T x 19mm dia by MrSlotCar. Pinion is an 11T x 6.5mm dia. The motor is a 25k Fox-10 from Professor Motor.
Dry test fit to make sure the pinion is centered on the spur. The motor is locked in and touching everwhere the arrows are located. The pinion is touching the spur. The motor is pushed in and up into the aluminum chassis.
I had to come up with an easy way to create backlash. Locking the motor into the chassis was the ticket.
The epoxy surfaces are too shiny. Nothing a little 150-grit sand paper won't fix. Clean well after sanding.
Soldering the wires to the motor would be wise before motor goes in. Heat and urethane tires don't mix. Ask me how I know?
I used an off-cut of scrap aluminum from a chassis as a spacer (1.5mm). I apply the 5-minute epoxy to the motor, and lock it into the chassis. Then slide the spacer between the axle and motor to create the backlash. Hold for 5-minutes and it's done.
How much backlash is another topic. Too loose or too tight are both bad.
Guide installation is up next.
Thank you kindly for looking.
Ken
The spur is a 38T x 19mm dia by MrSlotCar. Pinion is an 11T x 6.5mm dia. The motor is a 25k Fox-10 from Professor Motor.
Dry test fit to make sure the pinion is centered on the spur. The motor is locked in and touching everwhere the arrows are located. The pinion is touching the spur. The motor is pushed in and up into the aluminum chassis.
I had to come up with an easy way to create backlash. Locking the motor into the chassis was the ticket.
The epoxy surfaces are too shiny. Nothing a little 150-grit sand paper won't fix. Clean well after sanding.
Soldering the wires to the motor would be wise before motor goes in. Heat and urethane tires don't mix. Ask me how I know?
I used an off-cut of scrap aluminum from a chassis as a spacer (1.5mm). I apply the 5-minute epoxy to the motor, and lock it into the chassis. Then slide the spacer between the axle and motor to create the backlash. Hold for 5-minutes and it's done.
How much backlash is another topic. Too loose or too tight are both bad.
Guide installation is up next.
Thank you kindly for looking.
Ken

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)