Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

1971 Charger RT
#4

Funny story on that.
I lived at the end of a long straight road. I took off from a set of stop signs roughly 1/2 mile from home. Absolutely hammered it. 
Pulled up in driveway and went inside. 2 seconds later a cop in a Highway Patrol, a Holden Commodore pulled up.
I went outside to investigate and he said “Jesus what’s in that, I couldn’t catch you”. I pulled the bonnet and he was super impressed. I asked what was in his and he went on to tell me the cops swapped the 308 Holden donk for a 350 cubic inch Chev motor. I asked could I have a look, so he showed me. We talked cars for 20 minutes and he drove off happily, no ticket. 
Unfortunately I lost any photos of it when I moved out of home. So that’s one I got online, but mine was identical. And mint condition.
Here’s a publicity shot by
Chrysler Australia. They are a 4.3L (264 c.i,) inline 6 tuned by Weber in Italy. 
Mine was dyno tuned by Peter Brocks mechanic in 1983. Sold it to buy a house. Big mistake. 

https://primotipo.com/tag/valiant-charger-r-t-e49/

   
[+] 3 members Like ScorpiusWireless's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
1971 Charger RT - by KensRedZed - 18th-Jul-25, 08:31 PM
RE: 1971 Charger RT - by ScorpiusWireless - 18th-Jul-25, 10:43 PM
RE: 1971 Charger RT - by KensRedZed - 19th-Jul-25, 02:17 AM
RE: 1971 Charger RT - by ScorpiusWireless - 19th-Jul-25, 07:15 AM
RE: 1971 Charger RT - by KensRedZed - 19th-Jul-25, 05:32 PM
RE: 1971 Charger RT - by Kevan - 19th-Jul-25, 06:30 PM
RE: 1971 Charger RT - by KensRedZed - 19th-Jul-25, 11:10 PM
RE: 1971 Charger RT - by KensRedZed - 24th-Jul-25, 06:45 AM
RE: 1971 Charger RT - by KensRedZed - 29th-Jul-25, 11:56 PM
RE: 1971 Charger RT - by KensRedZed - 30th-Jul-25, 09:34 PM
RE: 1971 Charger RT - by ScorpiusWireless - 1st-Aug-25, 10:27 AM
RE: 1971 Charger RT - by KensRedZed - 1st-Aug-25, 01:39 PM
RE: 1971 Charger RT - by Kevan - 1st-Aug-25, 02:47 PM
RE: 1971 Charger RT - by KensRedZed - 4th-Aug-25, 12:54 AM
RE: 1971 Charger RT - by Kevan - 4th-Aug-25, 07:49 AM
RE: 1971 Charger RT - by Gareth - 9th-Aug-25, 04:55 PM
RE: 1971 Charger RT - by KensRedZed - 10th-Aug-25, 06:10 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)