9th-Jun-25, 07:58 AM
my MR Slotcar Corvette Day 3
well in altering the guide holder to reduce the distance between the chassis and the original guide, the guide blade is now deeper into the track slot, so I was concerned that the performance would be compromised if it was likely to scrape along the bottom, aspecially if I reduced the front tyre a little bit further for performance. So I tried different guides, and found that it was quite easiy to destabilise the car surprisingly with blades that were either too long or too short. In the end I used a "Slotting Plus" 7mm Evo PCS guide and reproduced the same shape of the standard guide by trimming it up.
It would have been better of course if MR Slotcar had provided an additional 7mm guide in the first place.
I had also replaced the tyres with Paul Guage 7.5mm Urethane ones, as I anticipated maybe entering it in the forthcoming 50x50 proxy in the USA, but sadly it looks like I will not be permitted to do that, so it will probably be the modified Ninco Corvette that gets to run for 3rd year across the pond.
well in altering the guide holder to reduce the distance between the chassis and the original guide, the guide blade is now deeper into the track slot, so I was concerned that the performance would be compromised if it was likely to scrape along the bottom, aspecially if I reduced the front tyre a little bit further for performance. So I tried different guides, and found that it was quite easiy to destabilise the car surprisingly with blades that were either too long or too short. In the end I used a "Slotting Plus" 7mm Evo PCS guide and reproduced the same shape of the standard guide by trimming it up.
It would have been better of course if MR Slotcar had provided an additional 7mm guide in the first place.
I had also replaced the tyres with Paul Guage 7.5mm Urethane ones, as I anticipated maybe entering it in the forthcoming 50x50 proxy in the USA, but sadly it looks like I will not be permitted to do that, so it will probably be the modified Ninco Corvette that gets to run for 3rd year across the pond.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)