7th-Jun-25, 02:32 PM
So a brief update on the MR Slotcar Corvette.
A quick run on my track (without magnet), the tyres are treaded so unsurprisingly it did not “rock my boat” in terms of performance out of the box. So I have trued the tyres to remove most of the tread and it runs with much better stability. Also I removed the chassis from the body in order to loosen the motor pod.
I found two issues, the body screws were very tight, so having removed them they were not relocating very easily and I did not want to put too much force on them. Also the rear trued tyres are now quite loose on the wheels.
So I tried another run as it is, with a fairly loose body fitting and with loose rear tyres.
The car was much better running stability, but probably losing performance without gluing the tyres to the wheel. And I think the body is too loose, so really I need to work on the body location screws to make them more easy to work with.
I checked the rpm on my rolling road and it is comparable with the Ninco car & Predator slimline motorised car, and yet definitely slower on the track at the moment with the issues above.
So overall it is not so easy as a RTR out the box car to get running smooth, and there is some work to do to get it running well. The small black body location screws worry me as they do not look very robust and I can see them getting lost easily when I eventually free them up, as unfortunately my track tends to gobble up such screw items.
So potentially I would be looking to replace the body screws and probably the tyres supplied fairly swiftly, probably the guide as it looks too close to the bottom of the track for comfort.
A quick run on my track (without magnet), the tyres are treaded so unsurprisingly it did not “rock my boat” in terms of performance out of the box. So I have trued the tyres to remove most of the tread and it runs with much better stability. Also I removed the chassis from the body in order to loosen the motor pod.
I found two issues, the body screws were very tight, so having removed them they were not relocating very easily and I did not want to put too much force on them. Also the rear trued tyres are now quite loose on the wheels.
So I tried another run as it is, with a fairly loose body fitting and with loose rear tyres.
The car was much better running stability, but probably losing performance without gluing the tyres to the wheel. And I think the body is too loose, so really I need to work on the body location screws to make them more easy to work with.
I checked the rpm on my rolling road and it is comparable with the Ninco car & Predator slimline motorised car, and yet definitely slower on the track at the moment with the issues above.
So overall it is not so easy as a RTR out the box car to get running smooth, and there is some work to do to get it running well. The small black body location screws worry me as they do not look very robust and I can see them getting lost easily when I eventually free them up, as unfortunately my track tends to gobble up such screw items.
So potentially I would be looking to replace the body screws and probably the tyres supplied fairly swiftly, probably the guide as it looks too close to the bottom of the track for comfort.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)