2nd-Jun-25, 08:50 PM
...Woodcote was keeping a mental note of our Modern car times throughout the day, and by his reckoning, his Ninco Impreza was ahead of my SA Peugeot by a few seconds. So when I was named the winner of the class at the prize giving, it was both a shock to have beaten some of the stalwarts of the rally scene, but also a surprise to have been placed ahead of my team mate.
Something didn't feel quite right, so in the car on the way home, we decided we should exchange the pictures we took of our completed time-sheets to see if there had been a mistake on the scoring or any ambiguous handwritten times. As far as we could tell, Andy was a few seconds ahead of me. I contacted Seb from the Abergavenny club who organise the series, and he thinks he can see where the error has crept into the results spreadsheet that put me at the top. So he will be double checking everything before publishing the official results in the next day of so.
Anyway, I got to live the dream for a few hours, and enjoyed the bragging rights on the journey home! And it's only made me more determined to win it on the track next time, not in the spreadsheet.
Something didn't feel quite right, so in the car on the way home, we decided we should exchange the pictures we took of our completed time-sheets to see if there had been a mistake on the scoring or any ambiguous handwritten times. As far as we could tell, Andy was a few seconds ahead of me. I contacted Seb from the Abergavenny club who organise the series, and he thinks he can see where the error has crept into the results spreadsheet that put me at the top. So he will be double checking everything before publishing the official results in the next day of so.
Anyway, I got to live the dream for a few hours, and enjoyed the bragging rights on the journey home! And it's only made me more determined to win it on the track next time, not in the spreadsheet.
I love puttering with gears

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)