24th-Mar-25, 10:40 AM
A grand day out up North!
Any early start for me saw me hitting the road at 5:30am having woken at 4:00am worrying about the whether to risk the diversion around the M25 J10 closure ,or head west and take the longer route via Southampton. I did the latter.
Unlike Woodcote, I don't have the ability to concentrate on my racing AND take photos of my cars or the track, and the first event in the series had been in my thoughts all through the long Winter months. I had set myself the aim of trying to avoid de-slots at all cost, as that is where time is lost, and that is where my focus for the event was. I haven't seen the results yet, but I came out of the day thinking I didn't do too bad, that I couldn't have done much better (the drive home is always better when your head isn't full of 'what ifs...'!).
The tracks were all great, both to look at and to drive. The bacon rolls and cakes made for a very comfortable and welcoming stay at the clubhouse/village hall. As Woodcote mentioned, it has set the bar high for our round later in the year!
Any early start for me saw me hitting the road at 5:30am having woken at 4:00am worrying about the whether to risk the diversion around the M25 J10 closure ,or head west and take the longer route via Southampton. I did the latter.
Unlike Woodcote, I don't have the ability to concentrate on my racing AND take photos of my cars or the track, and the first event in the series had been in my thoughts all through the long Winter months. I had set myself the aim of trying to avoid de-slots at all cost, as that is where time is lost, and that is where my focus for the event was. I haven't seen the results yet, but I came out of the day thinking I didn't do too bad, that I couldn't have done much better (the drive home is always better when your head isn't full of 'what ifs...'!).
The tracks were all great, both to look at and to drive. The bacon rolls and cakes made for a very comfortable and welcoming stay at the clubhouse/village hall. As Woodcote mentioned, it has set the bar high for our round later in the year!
I love puttering with gears

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)