5th-Oct-19, 09:53 AM
There is a growing cottage industry of 3D printed wings appearing on Shapeways - and I suspect plenty more people doing the same on their home printers. I have passed on 1/32 scale 3D printed wings, but did buy some for a few vintage 60s and 70s Tyco and Aurora HO Can-Am cars that needed them.
For more DIY stuff, I like using black polycarbonate sheet fixed together with Shoe Goo - it's a robust and light combination. I re-use black plastic packaging (which I believe is difficult to recycle). I use the original wing (if there is one) as a template. The polycarbonate can also be glued - with a flexible glue like Shoe Goo or E600 - to the existing wing to repair or replace broken struts. A guy at our club has used silicone phone cases (£1 each at the pound shop) as a source of material to build wings, mirrors and other broken bodywork. He uses an industrial-strength contact adhesive, but Shoe Goo (or E6000) should work too.
This Scalextric Porsche has a rear wing made from a silicone phone case - it survived a 6 hour digital race...
For more DIY stuff, I like using black polycarbonate sheet fixed together with Shoe Goo - it's a robust and light combination. I re-use black plastic packaging (which I believe is difficult to recycle). I use the original wing (if there is one) as a template. The polycarbonate can also be glued - with a flexible glue like Shoe Goo or E600 - to the existing wing to repair or replace broken struts. A guy at our club has used silicone phone cases (£1 each at the pound shop) as a source of material to build wings, mirrors and other broken bodywork. He uses an industrial-strength contact adhesive, but Shoe Goo (or E6000) should work too.
This Scalextric Porsche has a rear wing made from a silicone phone case - it survived a 6 hour digital race...

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)