Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Software
#8

I've used LibreOffice for ages and wouldn't go back to Microsoft. Likewise, I've used Firefox forever. And FileZilla for managing website files on a server.

I started using Paint.net for photo editing during lockdown and really like its simplicity - plus I'm a bit old school and prefer a minimum amount of image manipulation. I started using GIMP a very long time ago (2000-ish) and agree the time spent getting used to it is worth the effort.

Blender is something I've used, but never really needed. I think I might give Inkscape a go.

One of the best pieces of free, open source software is Audacity - a brilliant audio editor. I first used it when I was making digital copies of LPs and cassettes in the early 2000s. It's good for recording and mixing music, although not a true Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) like Logic Pro. I've used Audacity extensively to edit down tracks for use on our WHO Racing videos.
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Software - by JasonB - 27th-Dec-24, 06:53 PM
RE: Software - by StuBeeDoo - 27th-Dec-24, 07:21 PM
RE: Software - by JasonB - 27th-Dec-24, 08:10 PM
RE: Software - by StuBeeDoo - 27th-Dec-24, 08:44 PM
RE: Software - by Kevan - 27th-Dec-24, 09:35 PM
RE: Software - by mickey thumbs - 28th-Dec-24, 03:32 AM
RE: Software - by Gordon Steadman - 28th-Dec-24, 07:05 AM
RE: Software - by woodcote - 28th-Dec-24, 06:32 PM
RE: Software - by JasonB - 29th-Dec-24, 12:10 AM
RE: Software - by Gordon Steadman - 28th-Dec-24, 07:00 PM
RE: Software - by JasonB - 24th-Nov-25, 01:04 AM
RE: Software - by Kevan - 24th-Nov-25, 10:33 AM
RE: Software - by JasonB - 25th-Nov-25, 10:40 PM
RE: Software - by GT40Racer - 26th-Nov-25, 12:50 AM
RE: Software - by Kevan - 26th-Nov-25, 08:38 AM
RE: Software - by woodcote - 16th-Dec-25, 06:15 PM
RE: Software - by JasonB - 16th-Dec-25, 10:01 PM
RE: Software - by JasonB - 14th-Jun-26, 07:16 PM
RE: Software - by Kevan - 15th-Jun-26, 07:27 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)