Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Scalextrics best cars?
#1

I dont collect cars , in general, by brand. But I do have a huge penchant for the cars that started it for me back in the 60's
As you will see from previous posts I have bought some sets from the 60's. The one I REALLY covet is the V33 set with my favourite cars - The blower Bentley.

Scalextric made these wonderful replicas - granted in 1/30 scale, but none the less beautiful cars. And the Bentley really works well on the track as well.
As I live in Belgium, I suddenly realised a few years ago that I have access to French built cars, and started looking at the second hand sites in Europe. And over the years I have managed to pick up the French variants.
I have added here some artisinal replica cars made in Spain. Brian - CMOTD- has done an article on the legendary Red Bentley made in the 60's and when I could get a Red Recreation - I took it.. Same applies to the blue Replica Scalextric Bugatti - they are superb re-creations.
Also here are a few Hobbyclassic releases of the Pinkkar Bugs in National colours. Based on what Pinkkar Bugs are going for on the dreaded bay, these were a fantastic deal.

For me these are the best Scalextric cars (although the detail on some of the new cars is outstanding - eg Legends F1's)


PS I see there is an MMK interloper - this a detailed Talbot done by a friend - improves the original 100%


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
                                                       
[+] 6 members Like Anthony B's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Scalextrics best cars? - by Anthony B - 3rd-Oct-24, 08:34 AM
RE: Scalextrics best cars? - by Kevan - 3rd-Oct-24, 09:59 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Henk
6th-Jan-26, 07:37 AM
Last Post by JasonB
9th-Aug-24, 10:13 AM
Last Post by bowley
3rd-Jul-24, 05:20 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)