11th-Jul-24, 01:09 PM
Yeah SRC are a quick way to get a competitive car but you can make others at least as competitive. At our round of SRGB my 3D chassied Scaley TR7 with original windows and no lightening of the bodywork was more than a match for the 914's on all but the Ninco track.
As far as SCX only cars, a well setup Xsara WRC pro car is as good as NSR's Avants or SlotIt's.
If you're competing against other SCX cars besides the Xsara, I like the Seat Cordoba but it could do with a SCX pro rally motor as the kit one is sluggish...or remove some of the windings to give it some more rpm.
The #1 thing over and above all else that I hate is the chicken leg guide setup and the amount of excess sideways wobble of the guide and it's not easy to replace with a decent guide.
If you're driving without magnets then I find SCX Rally cars need more ballast than other makes.
As far as SCX only cars, a well setup Xsara WRC pro car is as good as NSR's Avants or SlotIt's.
If you're competing against other SCX cars besides the Xsara, I like the Seat Cordoba but it could do with a SCX pro rally motor as the kit one is sluggish...or remove some of the windings to give it some more rpm.
The #1 thing over and above all else that I hate is the chicken leg guide setup and the amount of excess sideways wobble of the guide and it's not easy to replace with a decent guide.
If you're driving without magnets then I find SCX Rally cars need more ballast than other makes.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)