6th-Jun-24, 07:20 PM
(6th-Jun-24, 05:57 AM)Gordon Steadman Wrote:Thanks re work Gordon, really appreciate it.(5th-Jun-24, 04:29 PM)Tibbs Wrote: With the Dremel Kev, I just go slowly as I don't want to go through the sides but I will go all the way through the bottom
You're a lucky man. I've been through loads of Dremels (regular burn out or switch failure) until I saw the light and bought a cheap Chinese knock off that has been perfectly reliable and has a huge selection of cutters. (Probably made in the same factory!) Dremel tools are stupidly expensive and even balsa will blunt them if they are used regularly.
I drill out the bottom and the use the rotary to join the dots and thickness the edges. Good to see your work. The metalwork is superb.
I brought the Dremel because I was sick of the cheap ones I was buying from Lidls just not man enough and a lot of movement in the headstock. The Dremel doesn't move..
The difference in quality of this Dremel compared to the cheap ones is night and day in my opinion.
Thanks for the tip of drilling out, I'm going to try that.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)