Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Little and Large
#10

Thanks guys
Well, at a guess I could get used to pushing pixels, but the temptation to get it just perfect would be enormous, and I would tinker with the shape until...
This way, the body is a one off, it is what it is, I am aware of all it's flaws, but it will never be "corrected". And after a day at the keyboard, doing it this way is quite relaxing (most of the time). 
Here are a few more pictures of the work in progress.
Rear spoiler and roof doodah, this is the first version, I did a second one which is a little better.
   
I tried to cut the rear slats but the plastic is very brittle and just collapsed.
   
I instead cut out the whole area and inserted a plasticard piece.
   
This is what it looks like from the inside (the blue bits are what is left of the original roof.
    .
As I said earlier, very complex model, every surface has added detail, intakes, winglets and bits (and I left some out).
I also had to shorten the wheelbase and the tail of the car but the nose had to be lengthened!
I just need to glue the driver in there and find a suitable windscreen wiper.

Still, the "Gulf like" colour scheme is really nice, I just hope is goes reasonably well.

Joel
[+] 4 members Like merkit the grof's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Little and Large - by merkit the grof - 15th-May-24, 10:49 AM
RE: Little and Large - by Top Down - 15th-May-24, 02:22 PM
RE: Little and Large - by chappyman66 - 15th-May-24, 03:48 PM
RE: Little and Large - by merkit the grof - 15th-May-24, 04:58 PM
RE: Little and Large - by Kevan - 15th-May-24, 05:04 PM
RE: Little and Large - by Anthony B - 16th-May-24, 06:13 PM
RE: Little and Large - by merkit the grof - 28th-May-24, 09:23 PM
RE: Little and Large - by chappyman66 - 30th-May-24, 04:37 AM
RE: Little and Large - by Tibbs - 30th-May-24, 01:50 PM
RE: Little and Large - by merkit the grof - 30th-May-24, 05:12 PM
RE: Little and Large - by Kevan - 30th-May-24, 09:39 PM
RE: Little and Large - by merkit the grof - 30th-May-25, 06:56 AM
RE: Little and Large - by CMOTD - 30th-May-25, 12:16 PM
RE: Little and Large - by KensRedZed - 30th-May-25, 11:51 PM
RE: Little and Large - by merkit the grof - 5th-Jun-25, 08:27 AM
RE: Little and Large - by merkit the grof - 30th-May-25, 07:20 AM
RE: Little and Large - by Eddie Grice - 30th-May-25, 09:46 AM
RE: Little and Large - by Kevan - 30th-May-25, 12:31 PM
RE: Little and Large - by Kevan - 31st-May-25, 09:53 AM
RE: Little and Large - by merkit the grof - 31st-May-25, 11:04 AM
RE: Little and Large - by Gordon Steadman - 6th-Jun-25, 10:29 AM
RE: Little and Large - by Kevan - 6th-Jun-25, 11:27 AM
RE: Little and Large - by Gordon Steadman - 6th-Jun-25, 12:30 PM
RE: Little and Large - by Gordon Steadman - 19th-Jun-25, 05:28 PM
RE: Little and Large - by merkit the grof - 16th-Jun-25, 04:52 PM
RE: Little and Large - by Gordon Steadman - 16th-Jun-25, 05:37 PM
RE: Little and Large - by Eddie Grice - 16th-Jun-25, 10:40 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)