5th-May-24, 02:53 PM
The way I see it...If your car is lifting both inside tyres, the chassis is either too rigid, pod too tight, car too lightweight...or you're over driving the car.
I know when my cars are set up right when both rear tyres start to polish shiny which increases grip allowing you to push harder and reduce lap times.
There's no way I'd purposely set a car up with reduced tyre contact patch as that's going to hamper cornering speed... that's how I see it anyway, but I do know from our different racing classes that narrow tyres with smaller footprints can't corner at the high speeds that cars with wide tyres can achieve.
...but remember that rubber tyres flex anyway whether they're trued flat or not.
I know when my cars are set up right when both rear tyres start to polish shiny which increases grip allowing you to push harder and reduce lap times.
There's no way I'd purposely set a car up with reduced tyre contact patch as that's going to hamper cornering speed... that's how I see it anyway, but I do know from our different racing classes that narrow tyres with smaller footprints can't corner at the high speeds that cars with wide tyres can achieve.
...but remember that rubber tyres flex anyway whether they're trued flat or not.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)