11th-Mar-24, 05:56 PM
Previously I have mentioned that I and a number of other users of the APB C7042 have been getting good results using an opto-isolator (opto block) between the APB and the RMS computer.
This approach is superior to the basic hard-wired cable approach since it eliminates ground loops and hence reduces the potential for noise spikes and electrostatic damage.
To do this you require an opto-isolator with a USB port on one side and a RS485 port on the other side. The example which I will demonstrate uses the DSD TECH SH-U11F.
A complete setup is shown below:
In this thread I will provide some installation details.
This approach is superior to the basic hard-wired cable approach since it eliminates ground loops and hence reduces the potential for noise spikes and electrostatic damage.
To do this you require an opto-isolator with a USB port on one side and a RS485 port on the other side. The example which I will demonstrate uses the DSD TECH SH-U11F.
A complete setup is shown below:
In this thread I will provide some installation details.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)