15th-Jan-24, 05:43 PM
Cleaning out the race box felt great to do. I've tried to limit myself to the cars I'm actually going to race. So I have my Super G Nascar and a spare body, a pair of Lifelike T Porsches for Tuners and 4 x Super G F1s. Those were the chassis that I showed in the previous post. I have put my Artin race car in but I doubt it will ever come into service.
That's a top tip by the way, only bring the cars you plan to race and a backup or two. Track time is so limited on race night that there just isn't time for people to driving non-race cars and stopping people from practicing.
I've got my tyres in the top deck of the box along with springs and pickup shoes, tweezers and glassfibre pencil. The only other regular addition is my controller.
Having removed all of the tuning tools such as wheel press, gear puller, scales and axles etc, I decided to create a Tuning box. As nice as it occasionally is to have those tools at a race in an emergency, the reality is they shouldn't be needed. So I pulled them all out. And now they're easily to hand when I work on cars.
Speaking of working on cars, the four Super G F1s had a lot of time put into them. One received a new end bell and armature as it was stalling and then not running smoothly. The others just had some running in time. I made up several new axles and fitted the original axle retainers back on. Might need some more of those. I can't believe I threw them away as a kid!
Running in is really important with these cars. Even my Nascar Super G which is the smoothest and fastest thing I've ever built benefited from a running in session before it went racing in November. I use this bench power supply and track combo to get the cars running nicely. When the amps drop to below 0.2 then I know the car is getting into its optimal state.
That's a top tip by the way, only bring the cars you plan to race and a backup or two. Track time is so limited on race night that there just isn't time for people to driving non-race cars and stopping people from practicing.
I've got my tyres in the top deck of the box along with springs and pickup shoes, tweezers and glassfibre pencil. The only other regular addition is my controller.
Having removed all of the tuning tools such as wheel press, gear puller, scales and axles etc, I decided to create a Tuning box. As nice as it occasionally is to have those tools at a race in an emergency, the reality is they shouldn't be needed. So I pulled them all out. And now they're easily to hand when I work on cars.
Speaking of working on cars, the four Super G F1s had a lot of time put into them. One received a new end bell and armature as it was stalling and then not running smoothly. The others just had some running in time. I made up several new axles and fitted the original axle retainers back on. Might need some more of those. I can't believe I threw them away as a kid!
Running in is really important with these cars. Even my Nascar Super G which is the smoothest and fastest thing I've ever built benefited from a running in session before it went racing in November. I use this bench power supply and track combo to get the cars running nicely. When the amps drop to below 0.2 then I know the car is getting into its optimal state.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)