Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Getting back in the saddle at WHO
#3

I'm happy with my Nascar Super G as it is.  3rd place in November was a nice result...could have been the win if I'd driven better but that's how racing goes!  

So that leaves me with F1.  The new rule removing the tyre restriction on the Super G is hugely exciting for me.  I've not had much luck with the original Mega Gs despite spending a fair chunk of money on chassis.  The fastest Mega G+ cars were trouncing my Mega G last time I drove it.  And again MG+s I seem to only have lemons so no desire to race those. 

I don't really want to pull my Nascar body off each month and move the front axle to accommodate bodies so I'll be relying on these four to see if they are competitive.  

   

I think I gave Dylan my #2 chassis so these won't be as good as my Nascar but hopefully will be good enough.  As usual more testing and tinkering is in the pipeline.  They all have flat pickups and balanced magnets.  Just don't know which is which from #3 to #6! 

Almost as important as being fast is looking good on the grid.  Cool   And that means having a nice body on the car.  

Before going on hiatus, I had built a new SG F1 body by fabricating a new rear wing and fitting it to a body. A daub of my usual orange paint and decals soon made it part of my fleet.  Unfortunately it didn't get on with the brass weighted Viper it was running on and a floor hit smashed the wing.  So that'll need much reinforcement.  As will the yellow and orange car's wing.  I have a plan for these and will show you that soon.

   

   

And yes the black car is a 3D test I made.  I was messing in Tinkercad trying to make the 6 wheel Williams.  I need to learn a real CAD package to progress this one I think!


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
[+] 2 members Like Gareth's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Getting back in the saddle at WHO - by Gareth - 4th-Jan-24, 12:45 PM
RE: Getting back in the saddle at WHO - by Gareth - 4th-Jan-24, 12:53 PM
RE: Getting back in the saddle at WHO - by Gareth - 4th-Jan-24, 01:09 PM
RE: Getting back in the saddle at WHO - by woodcote - 4th-Jan-24, 02:22 PM
RE: Getting back in the saddle at WHO - by Gareth - 4th-Jan-24, 03:34 PM
RE: Getting back in the saddle at WHO - by Gareth - 4th-Jan-24, 03:42 PM
RE: Getting back in the saddle at WHO - by Gareth - 15th-Jan-24, 05:43 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)