Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

6 Wheel cars
#2

You have been fooled by the 6 wheel Alfa Anthony. This is the press report about it - the clue is in the date! Rofl
 
                                                          Never Before Seen Six-wheel Alfa Project - April 1,1970

                                                                           
"In secret testing almost two weeks (April 1 to be exact) after the 1970 Sebring race Alfa Romeo arrived at Sebring with their one-of-a-kind six-wheeled, twelve cylinder Alfa-Romeo T33/6/12. It sported a 5-liter V12/60 degrees/4v engine. It was designed to give the Porsche 917 a run for its money. The six-wheel Alfa project was cancelled abruptly after teens from a local high school snuck onto the raceway at night and stole the car from its hanger/garage. The chassis was found two weeks later in a nearby orange grove minus the engine. For several years after this incident rumors circulated about a V12 hot rod that was blowing away all comers in the Sebring area. Not to be outdone by Alfa, other race constructors jumped on the six-wheel bandwagon. Ferrari had their 312/T6, Tyrrell had the P34, March had the 2-4-0 and Williams had the FW08B. In both the WSC and Formula 1 these cars were soon outlawed. How did I get the photo? I worked the 1970 Sebring race and left a piece of camera equipment behind. I drove down two weeks later and made my way onto the course without anyone knowing. As I was looking for my equipment the car came by for several runs and I managed to get this photo. I had a feeling I wasn't supposed to do this so I hightailed it out of there."

There was however a genuine 6 wheeled Ferrari 312T6 though LINK:
                                                  
Try overtaking that at Monaco!
Quote


Messages In This Thread
6 Wheel cars - by Anthony B - 21st-Aug-19, 07:53 AM
RE: 6 Wheel cars - by CMOTD - 21st-Aug-19, 12:45 PM
RE: 6 Wheel cars - by Anthony B - 21st-Aug-19, 12:46 PM
RE: 6 Wheel cars - by Gordon Steadman - 21st-Aug-19, 01:28 PM
RE: 6 Wheel cars - by Fluff - 21st-Aug-19, 08:18 PM
RE: 6 Wheel cars - by Gordon Steadman - 22nd-Aug-19, 05:42 AM
RE: 6 Wheel cars - by Anthony B - 22nd-Aug-19, 06:55 AM
RE: 6 Wheel cars - by Gordon Steadman - 22nd-Aug-19, 06:59 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)