28th-Oct-23, 08:16 AM
Just about spot on with the weight then. 163-166gms across all four. 10gms added up front behind the guide and 5gms either side, slightly ahead of the motor.
I'm sticking with original tyres, which I haven't touched yet, so 25mm sounds like a good reference point.
I have lowered the front end by about 4mm by extending the axle slots up into the wheelwells.
Gearing is what I had most readily available at 8:27 or 3.375:1, although I COULD at a push change that to 9:27 or 3:1 - but I'd want to do that before gluing in the motors and axle bearings, so maybe I'll run them on the club track before doing any more in that area.
Braking has definitely improved as it was previously non-existent.
However there is one odd issue.
A couple of the trucks will occasionally do a 180 on a curve and gallop off in the opposite direction! Seems to be no travel limit on their guides but I can't see any difference between the four, all having stock sprung Fly guides!
I'm sticking with original tyres, which I haven't touched yet, so 25mm sounds like a good reference point.
I have lowered the front end by about 4mm by extending the axle slots up into the wheelwells.
Gearing is what I had most readily available at 8:27 or 3.375:1, although I COULD at a push change that to 9:27 or 3:1 - but I'd want to do that before gluing in the motors and axle bearings, so maybe I'll run them on the club track before doing any more in that area.
Braking has definitely improved as it was previously non-existent.
However there is one odd issue.
A couple of the trucks will occasionally do a 180 on a curve and gallop off in the opposite direction! Seems to be no travel limit on their guides but I can't see any difference between the four, all having stock sprung Fly guides!

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)