Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Have I fried my C8217 powerbase?
#6

Turns out it was the PSU itself. 

First clue was when I came to unplug it. It wasn't connected to the track but was too hot to be comfortably unplugged with bare hands! I had to switch it off at the wall and let it cool down.

Although I didn't have another Scalextric PSU I pirated the track connector, put it on another brand of PSU and I'm up and running again. I'm pleased as I'd not disconnected but had rerouted the wires in the power-base so they were below the slot. (Some deeper guides were snagging on or being halted by it.) I had hoped it wasn't that which was the problem.
[+] 1 member Likes Top Down's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Have I fried my C8217 powerbase? - by Top Down - 19th-Oct-23, 07:35 PM
RE: Have I fried my C8217 powerbase? - by MrFlippant - 20th-Oct-23, 03:37 AM
RE: Have I fried my C8217 powerbase? - by BAracer - 20th-Oct-23, 05:53 AM
RE: Have I fried my C8217 powerbase? - by Top Down - 20th-Oct-23, 11:12 AM
RE: Have I fried my C8217 powerbase? - by Scuderia_Turini - 20th-Oct-23, 02:23 PM
RE: Have I fried my C8217 powerbase? - by Top Down - 21st-Oct-23, 08:08 AM
RE: Have I fried my C8217 powerbase? - by Top Down - 21st-Oct-23, 08:20 AM
RE: Have I fried my C8217 powerbase? - by WilkFrisk - 7th-Nov-23, 06:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)