18th-Aug-19, 03:40 PM
Yo Steve,
In practice, the difficulties with 3D printing are: 1) getting the STL file for the item and 2) smoothing the surface of the finished item.
In the Dental scenario, aspect 2 may not be an issue. STL files can be scaled so any head could be sized appropriately.
When 3D printing became a thing, my local Asda store had a scanning booth/tent where peeps could stand surrounded by cameras and then get a 3D print of themselves. I don't know anyone who did... I don't know if they gave you the image file but if they did, it might have been useful.
Leo
In practice, the difficulties with 3D printing are: 1) getting the STL file for the item and 2) smoothing the surface of the finished item.
In the Dental scenario, aspect 2 may not be an issue. STL files can be scaled so any head could be sized appropriately.
When 3D printing became a thing, my local Asda store had a scanning booth/tent where peeps could stand surrounded by cameras and then get a 3D print of themselves. I don't know anyone who did... I don't know if they gave you the image file but if they did, it might have been useful.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)