Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

The sound of a Spitfire Merlin V12
#4

I live near to Beachy Head on the South Coast of the UK, and we are under the route of Spitfire pleasure flights to the landmark white cliffs. I watched two today, and on a sunny weekends, you hear them coming over every hour or so.

We also just had our annual 4-day Eastbourne air show at the sea front, and I watched the Battle of Britain flight with a Lancaster as it flew over our house on the Saturday. It is an awesome thing to see and hear.

I love puttering with gears
Quote


Messages In This Thread
The sound of a Spitfire Merlin V12 - by Kevan - 27th-Aug-23, 06:33 PM
RE: The sound of a Spitfire Merlin V12 - by munter - 27th-Aug-23, 08:44 PM
RE: The sound of a Spitfire Merlin V12 - by KensRedZed - 27th-Aug-23, 09:53 PM
RE: The sound of a Spitfire Merlin V12 - by BAracer - 27th-Aug-23, 10:11 PM
RE: The sound of a Spitfire Merlin V12 - by Kevan - 27th-Aug-23, 10:54 PM
RE: The sound of a Spitfire Merlin V12 - by CMOTD - 28th-Aug-23, 09:28 AM
RE: The sound of a Spitfire Merlin V12 - by Kevan - 28th-Aug-23, 09:33 AM
RE: The sound of a Spitfire Merlin V12 - by Kevan - 28th-Aug-23, 02:27 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)