23rd-Jul-23, 03:04 AM
A while back our slot car group wondered if 1/25 scales cars would work on one of our larger club tracks. We ran into a dozen 1/25 static bodies at $5 a piece. Our club bought the lot.
I found a badly pre-painted and assembled kit for $5. It would make for a quick test-car. No need to wait for the paint to dry. But the paint was quite bad.
The slot car passed the test. But the paint was wearing me down. Off with the paint. The rebuild begins.
I found a Chevrolet poster from 1965 that showed all 15 colours being offered that year, and picked one.
We raced again today. The other three cars belong to other club members. Only the yellow Impala is mine. These big cars are a hoot!
Thank you very kindly for looking.
Ken
I found a badly pre-painted and assembled kit for $5. It would make for a quick test-car. No need to wait for the paint to dry. But the paint was quite bad.
The slot car passed the test. But the paint was wearing me down. Off with the paint. The rebuild begins.
I found a Chevrolet poster from 1965 that showed all 15 colours being offered that year, and picked one.
We raced again today. The other three cars belong to other club members. Only the yellow Impala is mine. These big cars are a hoot!
Thank you very kindly for looking.
Ken

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)