12th-Jun-23, 07:29 PM
I have them both, but only run the Teamslot in competition.
As you can see I had to glue the Teamslot motor in place to prevent movement in the chassis, but otherwise it runs very competitively. In fact it won the previous years Abergavenny National Rally for the "Fastest Teamslot" which was sponsored by TS that year.
The Avant one remains on my shelf at the moment as I have other Avant Rally models like the Subaru and Ferrari 308 which I have used.
In general I found that both brands have rather fierce motors for Rally. But the TS Alpine copes quite well with the original motor. The Avant cars I used I found it was better to replace the original motor with a SRC one. Getting enough weight down in the front of the Avant basic chassis is always been an issue for me, although it worked best in the Avant Subaru. I think it might work better with a 3d printed chassis.
I don't much like the Teamslot chassis design either as movement of the motor pod is somewhat restricted, but it does seem to work at least for the Alpine model. And it remains a fairly reliable competition car for me as it is.
Just one point is that the paint quality and finish of the Teamslot cars are rubbish, and as you can see from the photos scratches easily when used in action.
As you can see I had to glue the Teamslot motor in place to prevent movement in the chassis, but otherwise it runs very competitively. In fact it won the previous years Abergavenny National Rally for the "Fastest Teamslot" which was sponsored by TS that year.
The Avant one remains on my shelf at the moment as I have other Avant Rally models like the Subaru and Ferrari 308 which I have used.
In general I found that both brands have rather fierce motors for Rally. But the TS Alpine copes quite well with the original motor. The Avant cars I used I found it was better to replace the original motor with a SRC one. Getting enough weight down in the front of the Avant basic chassis is always been an issue for me, although it worked best in the Avant Subaru. I think it might work better with a 3d printed chassis.
I don't much like the Teamslot chassis design either as movement of the motor pod is somewhat restricted, but it does seem to work at least for the Alpine model. And it remains a fairly reliable competition car for me as it is.
Just one point is that the paint quality and finish of the Teamslot cars are rubbish, and as you can see from the photos scratches easily when used in action.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)