31st-May-23, 07:47 AM
Thought I'd share what I'm working on/with at the minute
All of the cars, apart from the Boxster, are last weeks festival purchases (most chosen by my 3 year old!!), some were bargains (costs below)
Left to right -
Scalextric Ferrari F430 (£8) - Just needed a service and new tyres - Chosen because it's red Daddy!!
Carrera Camaro (£12) - again, only needed a service and tyres. My first Carrera car, seems built like a brick outhouse!
SCX 4wd Subaru (£8) - Service, tyres, lights needed fettling to get working, Gears replaced. Not convinced on the 4WD system so may convert to rwd
Scalextric JCW BMW Mini Cooper (£5) - Bare shell only so new everything added to make complete from parts in stock
Scalextric Boxster - Shell only but above 3 year old wanted a green one to go with his Red, White and Blue cars so full strip down, paint, chassis, motor etc
SCX Aston DBR9 (£20) - most expensive car from the festival. Service, new tyres and front lights are kaput so waiting on parts to replace the board with 2 x 3mm leds.
Scalextric Porsche GT1 (£4) - Was a shed of a shell but after a good scrub and a coat of gloss looks great - Service, tyres, bulb replace and a spoiler.
None of the cars will be desirable but I quite like that I can bring life back to some old sheds for the price of a new car
All apart from Aston are for my little boy to play with/destroy, quite like that I can bring life back to some old sheds for the price of a new car
Still have the Aston, Porsche and Boxster to finish off when parts arrive then I 'may' give buying cars a rest.
All of the cars, apart from the Boxster, are last weeks festival purchases (most chosen by my 3 year old!!), some were bargains (costs below)
Left to right -
Scalextric Ferrari F430 (£8) - Just needed a service and new tyres - Chosen because it's red Daddy!!
Carrera Camaro (£12) - again, only needed a service and tyres. My first Carrera car, seems built like a brick outhouse!
SCX 4wd Subaru (£8) - Service, tyres, lights needed fettling to get working, Gears replaced. Not convinced on the 4WD system so may convert to rwd
Scalextric JCW BMW Mini Cooper (£5) - Bare shell only so new everything added to make complete from parts in stock
Scalextric Boxster - Shell only but above 3 year old wanted a green one to go with his Red, White and Blue cars so full strip down, paint, chassis, motor etc
SCX Aston DBR9 (£20) - most expensive car from the festival. Service, new tyres and front lights are kaput so waiting on parts to replace the board with 2 x 3mm leds.
Scalextric Porsche GT1 (£4) - Was a shed of a shell but after a good scrub and a coat of gloss looks great - Service, tyres, bulb replace and a spoiler.
None of the cars will be desirable but I quite like that I can bring life back to some old sheds for the price of a new car
All apart from Aston are for my little boy to play with/destroy, quite like that I can bring life back to some old sheds for the price of a new car
Still have the Aston, Porsche and Boxster to finish off when parts arrive then I 'may' give buying cars a rest.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)